Friday, January 27, 2023

Tasting #3 - 2021 Meiomi Pinot Noir

 


Name: Meiomi

Variety: Pinot Noir

Region: Acampo, California (coastal)

Country: United States of America

Year: 2021

Price: $19.99

Review: One reviewer on honestwinereviews.com  noted the following: "the fresh pour had some more sweetness to it. I also discovered a bit of jammy fruit I hadn't noticed the first time I tasted it." 

My Take: After swirling and sniffing this coastal pinot noir for a short while, I took my first sip and was greeted by a symphony of flavors. My inchoate palate detected notes of cherry among the many flavors, which is in accord with Page 150 of WINE FOLLY, which highlights cherry as a common pinot noir flavor. This wine possessed a lot of depth; more than I've experienced in wines I've drank before. I also sniffed and tasted notes of vanilla. A wonderful red wine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...