Friday, January 20, 2023

Wine-ding Up... & We're Off!!! An Introductory Wine Blog

 Welcome to my blog on my fascinating experiences in the World of Wine! My name is Trevor Hanzel, and I'm a newcomer to this game, but I am eager to expand my wine-tasting knowledge and share what I learn with the rest of you. My first experience with wine was in the Summer of 2021 in Rijeka, Croatia. On a 6-week missions trip to the Balkan nation, I first tasted wine during a Communion ceremony at a local church I visited. I had never had alcohol before, and had only tasted grape juice during any Communion services I participated in. But when I took that first sip in Croatia, I encountered sharper, crisper flavors than I had ever imbibed before. My passion was ignited!

In my limited experience since then, I've probably tasted about 5 or 6 different wines, both red and white. My palate has not explored many different flavors, but so far I've tended to gravitate towards white wines. Their flavors have been smoother and sweeter to the taste, and I've appreciated that more. I've mostly had wine at weddings or at friend's houses, but I'm excited to pursue experiencing wine in a fun academic setting!

Finally, I hope to expand my wine understanding through this class by developing my palate to be able to distinguish between different wine flavors so that I can discover tastes that I really appreciate. I don't really know what's out there, yet. Ya' know? But I'm eager to learn as much as I can! And who knows?! Perhaps my insatiable thirst will be satisfied after endeavoring into the wine world for a brief foray through this class. Or maybe this is but the first step into a lifelong adventure of discovering limitless wonders of a terroir fascination: wine.


Sincerely,

From Anywhere the 'Wine'd Blows,

Trevor



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...