Saturday, February 4, 2023

Tasting #6 - 2021 California Dream Cabernet Sauvignon



Name: California Dream

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Lodi, California

Country: United States of America

Year: 2021

Price: $4.99

Review: From the bottle: Contains "rich cherry flavors, hints of toasty vanilla, and a smooth finish."

My Take: Before looking at anything the bottle stated about this wine, after tasting it I determined it to be very, very dry and high in tannins. I detected subtle notes of cherry and vanilla, but the strength of the flavors in this wine were very subdued relative to other wines I've tasted recently, I swirled and sniffed a ton, but couldn't draw out too many flavors. This lines up somewhat well with WINE FOLLY's descriptions on Page 88. Cabernet Sauvignon's are typically high in tannins and body. However, this wine did not seem to possess much body to me. I enjoyed it, but would probably look elsewhere for my red wine of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...