Friday, February 24, 2023

Tasting #11 - 2021 Alamos Malbec

 



Name: Alamos

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2021

Price: $10.99

Review: From the bottle: "Displays hints of dark cherry and blackberry with a long and lingering finish. This balanced and full-flavored wine is excellent with grilled meats and vegetables."

My Take: This has been one of my favorite wines I've tasted here so far! I paired this drink with several different foods over the course of two days. I first drank it with some asiago cheese, and this excellent pairing chilled out the tannins I was experiencing and allowed some creamier and softer flavors to emerge. I also drink this wine with a basil creamy alfredo pasta, which was a great combination with a similar experience as the asiago cheese. It was definitely a dry wine, but I thought it to be very well-balanced overall. In accord with Page 125 of WINE FOLLY - and unique to this wine of the ones I've tried - I detected strong notes of blackberry in this Malbec wine. A delicious fruit flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...