Saturday, February 11, 2023

Tasting #8 - 2021 Color Block Chardonnay



 Name: Color Block

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: Valle Central

Country: Chile

Year: 2021

Price: $5.99

Review: From the bottle: "Has rich flavors of pear, tropical fruits, and hints of cinnamon - a nicely balanced wine that's perfect with creamy pasta dishes, roast chicken or pan-seared salmon."

My Take: Overall, the flavors of this chardonnay wine seemed more muted to me. This is the first chardonnay I've tried, - I drank it chilled of course- but I had difficulty picking out anything more than pear and other fruitiness in the flavors. The flavors appeared to be pretty level throughout the drinking experience. There isn't much depth to the flavor of this wine, but I still enjoyed it. In harmony with Page 96 of WINE FOLLY, this chardonnay does boast tropical fruits as one of its primary flavors. I'd definitely say that comes across the palate in a favorable way. However, I didn't detect any cinnamon notes at all. Perhaps my palate still needs to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...