Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Tasting #9 - 2021 Josh Zinfandel

 

Name: Josh

Variety: Zinfandel

Region: Lodi, California

Country: United States of America

Year: 2021

Price: $12.99

Review: From the bottle: "Smoky and complex with notes of blackberries, clove and vanilla."

My Take: This was one of the best wines I have tasted in all my experiences so far this class! I paired this wine with a 3-cheese pizza that I made and the pairing elevated this wine to a whole new level. This wine was very acidic, but when I paired it with the pizza food other underlying flavors emerged like its vanilla and blackberry hints. This contrasts slightly with the descriptions given in WINE FOLLY Page 189, which estimates zinfandel wines to be less sweet and instead possess fuller body and more tannins. The alcohol per volume was indeed higher for this wine, coming in at 15%. Overall, a great wine I'd definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...