Saturday, March 18, 2023

Tasting #15 - Taylor Port Wine

 


Name: Taylor

Variety: Blended

Region: New York

Country: United States of America

Year: N/A

Price: $10.98 for 1.5 L

Review: From the bottle: "A rich fruity taste and smooth finish make ruby red Taylor Port the perfect choice to pair with your favorite desert."

My Take: This was my very first port wine, and I was thoroughly pleased by it!! After watching the documentary on how Port wines were made in Portugal, I was eager to try one for myself. While this wine is from New York, (I actually thought this was a Taylor's brand wine from Portugal lol), it is still tasted delicious. I knew it would be sweet, but it was much sweeter than I anticipated. According to WINE FOLLY Page 154, ruby port wines have notes of "sweet black fruits, chocolate, and spice." This wine definitely had notes of black fruit and spice, but I didn't taste any chocolate in tis wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...