Friday, March 3, 2023

Tasting #14 - 2020 Cotes de Rhone

 

<- Me and the boys grinding, drinking wine fine dining
Name: Cotes Du Rhone

Variety: Blended, (lots of grenache)

Region: Rhone Valley

Country: France

Year: 2020

Price: $12.99

Review: From the bottle: "Reveals aromatic notes of jammy red fruits, juicy plum and provencal herbs and finishes with dense black currant and soft peppery spice flavors."

My Take: This wine was super dry and tannic. One night I drank it without food, and the other time I tried it with a creamy pasta and seared chicken dish. In my opinion, it tasted much more balanced with the meal, and this wine pairs better with foods. According to WINE FOLLY Page 156, wines from this Southern region of France have stark "brambly black and red fruit flavors with savory notes of black pepper, olives, Provencal herbs, and brown baking spices." I definitely agree with this statement. I detected very jammy flavors, including blackberry and black currant. I also detected some pepper at the end, which coincides with the WINE FOLLY assessment and was one of the first times I got a note of pepper in wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting #16 - Menage a Trois Moscato

  Name: Menage a Trois Variety:  Moscato Region:  California Country:  United States of America Year:  2021 Price:  $10.99 Review:  From the...